Children will work on handwriting and fine motor preparatory skills. The program will utilize a multi-sensory format to develop hand strength, fine motor manipulation skills, stroke development and handwriting skills.
- Improve fine motor strength and coordination for handwriting and typing skills
- Improve specific handwriting skills, including letter/number formation, line regard, case regard, letter sizing, and letter spacing
- Improve ability to edit work and self-correct
- Improve proprioceptive processing skills necessary for handwriting tasks
- Intro (warm-up/ice breaker) – 5 min.
- Fine motor warm-up activity – 5 min.
- Handwriting activity (addressing specific skills) – 15 min.
- Movement break (addressing sensory processing abilities) – 5 min.
- Multi-sensory handwriting activity – 15 min.
- Closing (clean-up materials) – 5 min.